Friday, September 14, 2012

“Orthodox Spirituality in Parish Administration


Fraternal Charity among the Clergy

Ninth Biennial Clergy 

Symposium

Antiochian Archdiocese 


July 15-19, 1996
By His Grace Bishop Demetri
As we begin our deliberations and discussions on this year’s topic of “Orthodox Spirituality in Parish Administration, it seems to me that we ought to take a moment to look at our relationships amongst one another. There is an old adage, that “we cannot give to others what we do not ourselves possess.” Specifically, I am referring to fraternal charity among the clergy of our God-protected Archdiocese. What I am about to say to you is based on twenty years of experience as a parish priest and one and a half as a bishop. It is not theory but rather practical advice. Those of you who know me well know that if I am anything it is practical.