Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well Done, Thou good
and faithful Servant!
  1. What is the Definition of Stewardship?
By Bishop Demetri
Good evening! I am very happy to be here and speak to all of you on the subject of Christian Stewardship. For each one of us is called by God to be a steward.
What does stewardship mean? Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines it as follows:
Stewardship:
the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care. –
When we act in the role of steward it means that we have been entrusted with something that does not belong to us. For instance, if you loan your car to me, both you and I would expect that I would take very good care of your vehicle. You may permit me to use it. However, you would expect me to take care of it and return it in substantially the same condition it was when you loaned it to me. This is an example of stewardship.
II. How does the term Stewardship apply to us as God’s children?
READ MORE